Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: Andrew Savory
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:18:13 +0000

John,
2009/3/5 John¹ <address@hidden>

> ___________________
>
> Letter to the Coop Bank re The Association for Free Software
>  I am asking you to examine the
> status of the Association, the transactions being conducted on the
> account, and take whatever action seems to you to be appropriate.

> I will re-iterate: Following this post I will be replying to no further
> posts or emails from any one subscribed to this list, other than those who
> I believe to be currently paid up members of the AFFS, or the current
> signatories of its bank account.

Unless you are certain that the outcome of sending such a letter will not be
that the bank freezes all assets of the AFFS and ends up handing them back
to HM Government, I'd suggest that such a step is counterproductive and
premature.

As a member who has contributed significant money and time to the AFFS in
the past, I would be personally very angry should the AFFS funds be lost in
this way, without first attempting a resolution such as donating those funds
to the FSFE or closing down the AFFS in an orderly manner and refunding the
monies collected.

Andrew.
--
address@hidden / address@hidden