Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 20:16:44 +0000

John¹ <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 March 2009 12:16:15 Steve Fosdick wrote:
>
> > 1. Received a reply from LawWorks.
> >
> > 2. Spoken to the bankers to ascertain their requirements for someone to
> > be able to instruct them as to how to disburse the associations assets.
[...]
> Therefore If any advice that Mark Ray gets,
> involves me in any thing other that a telephone 'meeting' or an exchange
> of documents by email verified by digital signature, then I will despatch
> the following message or something broadly similar, to the bankers to the
> AFFS.

The advice I have from my acquaintance at the bank about the
requirements for instructions is:

  "A letter signed by yourself and the Dr should be sufficient to
  amend the address and undertake any instructions. However, given the
  fact that you state that you have resigned from the organisation, I
  wouldn't recommend it.  If you merely want to remove yourself as a
  signatory a letter to this effect will suffice."

So I think they regard the last known signatories (sorry Alex I
couldn't remember whether you were one or not and I was offline when I
wrote the email!) as managing the account because they haven't
accepted instructions to the contrary from the association or the
signatories - we tried to handover, so we didn't simply remove
ourselves.

As to the "I wouldn't recommend it" - I wouldn't either!  I'll wait
for advice on the law about failing associations before contemplating
any such thing!

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)