Re: [fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: Neil Darlow
Subject: Re: [fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 09:45:21 +0000

Hi All,

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 08:43:37 +0000
John¹ <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please point out where I wrote that I would be bringing action against
> you, you asked me to elaborate, and I did so , providing you with the
> benefit of my experience. I was trying to get across to you that you are
> one of those, who is responsible for the state that the AFFS now finds
> itself in. If you wish to continue to make time wasting posts then
> please feel free to do so.

I think that you are being unfair to those who were members of the
committee in ascribing the current state of the AFFS entirely to their
actions.

In order to survive, organisations need the support of their members to
progress. It appears, to me, that the AFFS needs new direction and
purpose to survive and perhaps, due to increased commitments, the existing
committee members are unable to do this.

I believe you should have raised your concerns several years ago and as
past members we, as a body of members, might have taken more interest in
what was happening to the AFFS.

Perhaps the best course of action is for those still paying subscriptions
to cancel them and for someone to liberate the remaining funds, direct
them to their intended recipients or the FSFE and then put the AFFS to
rest. I doubt many who have paid subscriptions will take issue with that.

I don't believe it was the intention of the AFFS founders to legally
encumber matters while it was operating well and it seems stupid to try
and do so now it is dying. I appreciate your background may have been in
Union activism but I can't see we need that mentality here and now.

I have no evidence that anyone has acted in an underhand manner during the
failing of the AFFS and your suggestion that such is the case is
unwarranted, and unwelcome, to those who did put effort into making the
AFFS what it once was.

Regards,
Neil Darlow
--
Windows(R) viruses are spreading fast! Please keep your AntiVirus updated.