Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 13:34:36 +0000

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 12:16:15 Steve Fosdick wrote:

> 1. Received a reply from LawWorks.
>
> 2. Spoken to the bankers to ascertain their requirements for someone to
> be able to instruct them as to how to disburse the associations assets.
>
> If you were to remain silent until these two things have happened you
> could have the smug feeling that comes with the knowledge of greater
> maturity.
>
> Instead, and regardless of the fact that most of what has been said here
> in the last few days has made no progress towards either winding up the
> AFFS or re-starting it, you continue to reply to every comment from
> everyone.  The only conclusion is that you thoroughly enjoy a good
> argument.  That was the point of the remark about wrestling a pig in the
> mud because pigs tend to enjoy that too.
>
> Steve.

Firstly let state me the following quite clearly:
Following this post I will be replying to no further posts or emails from
any one subscribed to this list, other than those who I believe to be
currently paid up members of the AFFS, or the current signatories of its
bank account.

To answer your points in order,

1. I intend to do so.

2. See below.

3. Had your initial contribution been anything other than the single line,
"Arguing with John is like wrestling a pig in the mud." then perhaps you
may have had a point.

4. Given the above, it seems to me that the sole point of your single line.
"Arguing with John is like wrestling a pig in the mud.", was an intent to
provoke.

To return to point 2. As I am disabled, a meeting involving my traveling
further than Inverness, would not only involve me in expense, but my wife
in considerable effort. Therefore If any advice that Mark Ray gets,
involves me in any thing other that a telephone 'meeting' or an exchange
of documents by email verified by digital signature, then I will despatch
the following message or something broadly similar, to the bankers to the
AFFS.

by Standing Order, it has come to my attention that the Association is in
the words of its last know contact,
AFFS
c/o Alex Hudson
5 Lynton Lodge
29 Worcester Road
Sutton
Surrey
SM2 6PS

"The status of AFFS is technically dormancy" and "Well, not really - we
stopped taking membership subscriptions a while ago. The problem with
people having standing orders / direct debits was that we were unable to
stop them, and we didn't always have up-to-date contact information - most
should have been asked to stop. I think we're in the situation that we
need to try again to contact people such as yourself, and refund
subscriptions where possible, which isn't ideal but is about the best we
can do. There are only a handful of people in this situation (five, I
think, but don't quote me on that)".

There appears to have been no valid AGM of the Association, since May 2004,
nor notice of an AGM since 2006, the members of the last committee are
published as being,
Adam Bower,
Alex Hudson,
Ian Lynch, membership secretary,
Chris Croughton,
Mark Hymers.
All of whom are presumably, separately and severally responsible for the
conduct of the business of the Association, and presumably can be
contacted via Alex Hudson, (for last known address, see above).

I have made enquiries as to the possibilities of either restarting the
Association, or as seems more practical, winding it up. I have found both
these resolutions to its present status to prove beyond my capacity to
achieve. There would also seem to be some problems and/or complications
with the records of the Association being held by, or available to, the
former Committee, and a possible conflict with the Data Protection Act. As
there would appear to be a considerable sum of money held by the
Association in its account at your Bank, I am asking you to examine the
status of the Association, the transactions being conducted on the
account, and take whatever action seems to you to be appropriate.

I will re-iterate: Following this post I will be replying to no further

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/