Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS (bank)

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS (bank)
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 09:54:21 +0000

Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> > [...] I did try accessing the
> > telephone banking service with my old authentication details. [...]
>
> That probably means you'd be able to access the internet banking as well
> then - it's asking questions no-one else seems to be able to answer
> (about schooling, as an example).

I just tried and I can't get into either system.  I'm not sure that I
ever set that up because the Co-operative Internet Business Banking
service depended on the then-non-free Sun Java in 2004/5.  If I try to
access either system, after answering the extra question, it returns
me to the first page with "The account information is invalid".  So,
even if it was set up, I can't remember the login details, I don't
write such things down.  If it was noted anywhere, it would have been
in an encrypted file on the AFFS server, but I really don't remember one.

Based on a quick test with another account, I think that happens for
any account where you get any login detail wrong - I suspect the same
message happens for any account not set up for Internet Banking too,
else you'd discover it was set up.

> > The last three credits were ten pounds each on 9, 18 and 23 Feb. So,
> > I suspect there may be at least three members still paying.
>
> I suspect one of those might be an FSFE donation, actually?

It's possible.  I don't have the records.

[...]
> Easiest way to find out would be for you to try accessing the internet
> service and see if you can get into that, or let me open the statements
> and see?

Open any statements you have, please!  I'll double-check, but I'm sure
I won't have any past January 2007 when I lost access to the K.Lynn
postal address.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)