Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:31:38 +0000

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 12:16:15 Steve Fosdick wrote:
> John,
>
> You are almost certainly the most senior person involved in this
> argument and I would have hoped that seniority would have enabled you to
> see that there is no point in saying anything further until MJ Ray has:
>
> 1. Received a reply from LawWorks.

Which I was awaiting.

> 2. Spoken to the bankers to ascertain their requirements for someone to
> be able to instruct them as to how to disburse the associations assets.
>
> If you were to remain silent until these two things have happened you
> could have the smug feeling that comes with the knowledge of greater
> maturity.

If others were to a) answer the questions, in order that I could get on
with looking at a simpler set of rules, b) cease giving me 'legal'
opinions when they can't apparently read the rules that they are giving
and opinion on, c) cease asking questions and then making petulant replies
when answered, then I might be able to actually get something done.

> Instead, and regardless of the fact that most of what has been said here
> in the last few days has made no progress towards either winding up the
> AFFS or re-starting it, you continue to reply to every comment from
> everyone.  The only conclusion is that you thoroughly enjoy a good
> argument.  That was the point of the remark about wrestling a pig in the
> mud because pigs tend to enjoy that too.
>
> Steve.

You have no knowledge that progress has or has not been made to either end,
I don't actually sleep much. If you read the thread carefully it has not
been me starting a "good argument", the argument has come from those asked
questions, and of course a little 'claque' that seems to feel that a
contribution to someone who is actually trying to clear up the mess, is a
single line, "Arguing with John is like wrestling a pig in the mud", which
is quite bluntly both an insult and inaccurate, as if you'd ever kept pigs
you'd know. So were you expecting the above to go unanswered or are you
now going to use my reply to reinforce your "Arguing with John is like
wrestling a pig in the mud", line? What do you expect me to do with my
inbox, were I just to ignore respondents, would those such as Jason
Clifford get even more irate?

It might help if you were to appeal to others to wait until I and thse
involved with me to report some progress

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/