Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 07:40:09 +0000

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 23:56:32 you wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Carsten Agger wrote:
> > Standing on the sideline and following this list mainly because I'm
> > interested in the work of FSFE UK, I seriously wonder what you expect
> > to achieve by assuming such a confrontative and provocative stance.
>
> Carsten -- over here, it's called : "Being a stroppy Scot".

No, in UK the above is referred to as publishing racist statements/insults.

> The guy can't help it. It's in his genes, apparently.
>
> None of this is leading anyone anywhere, and some of us ran out of
> patience long ago.

On the contrary, I was in contact with one of the signatories to the bank
account on Thursday, the other contacted me on Friday, The majority of the
current members are in agreement and we are awaiting the opinion that Mark
is seeking before proceeding with a meeting. So as to your above
statement " None of this is leading anyone anywhere", it has apparently
led to the prospect of an imminent conclusion. "Some of" you may have
run "out of patience long ago", (since Friday?), but obviously you had the
patience to wait since the 2005 AGM, until the day *after* all the above
had been arranged, before either, making some enquiry or taking part in
constructing a similar body to accept the assets and engagements of the
AFFS, vide the message From: Nick Hill <address@hidden>,  Date: Tue Mar
3 14:59:26 2009, whose solution I would commend to those subscribed to
this list, or taking some other form of action to deal with position the
AFFS found itself in.

When I realised that there was something 'wrong' with the AFFS, I did
something about it, you on the other hand seem to have just walked away
from it, when did your membership lapse? and I note that your sole
contribution to this debate is, in common with the original contribution
of Steve Frosdick, is an insult, and a racist one at that.

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/