Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 13:49:13 +0000

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 12:16 +0000, John¹ wrote:
> As any such application would have to be sent to someone who is currently a
> member, the Committee having either resigned from both the Committee and
> the AFFS, or refusing to state if they are paid up members, that being the
> case why don't you try sending me an application, stating clearly your
> reasons for wanting to join, to the address I gave on Friday.

How do I know that you really are a member and that you are authorised
by the Association to act in that capacity? Until someone is able to
verify the details of who is still a valid member I don't.

This being the case I suggest that anyone sending their details to the
last published address for membership applications is more likely to be
following the right procedure than anyone sending their details to you
personally.

You might note also that nothing in the constitution requires someone
wanting to join to justify their desire to do so. On what basis are you
seeking to require that someone must do so?

You are not, and never have been, an elected member of the Execute
Committee. At present there is nobody who could be such in accordance
with the constitution. This means there is nobody who can validly claim
to have the authority to reject an application for membership.