Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: Adam Bower
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:47:29 +0000

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 11:39:12AM +0000, John¹ wrote:

> At the moment I only intend dealing with the current members, no matter how
> dormant it is, it is after all, their Association. Following any meeting
> this list, which it can be expected that interested former members" will
> read, will be informed of the outcome of such a meeting.

I think that is a very failed assumption that they are either subscribed
to this list or read it.

It has already been offered that a meeting could be held to ascertain
who the current members are by gathering the people who are signatories
on the account, who the postal mail and statements are addressed to and
have access to a copy of the old AFFS membership database along with
the associated paperwork would surely be the most appropriate way to
proceed?

Adam
--
jabberid = address@hidden