Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:16:22 +0000

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 12:02:24 Jason Clifford wrote:
> Out of interest were someone to send in an application for membership
> and payment prior to any attempt to determine membership would that
> person then be a member or not?

As any such application would have to be sent to someone who is currently a
member, the Committee having either resigned from both the Committee and
the AFFS, or refusing to state if they are paid up members, that being the
case why don't you try sending me an application, stating clearly your
reasons for wanting to join, to the address I gave on Friday.

   4. MEMBERSHIP

   (a) Full membership of the Association shall be open to:

   (1) Individuals of 18 years and over who are interested in furthering
   the work of the Association and who have paid the annual subscription
   as laid down from time to time by the Executive Committee hereinafter
   mentioned, and

   (2) National, international and local voluntary or other non-profit
   distributing organisations, whether corporate or unincorporated, which
   are interested in furthering the said work and have paid the annual
   subscription as aforesaid.

   (b) Each member organisation shall appoint one individual person to
   represent it and vote on its behalf at General Meetings of the
   Association. In the event of such individual person resigning or
   otherwise leaving an organisation, he or she shall forthwith cease to
   be a representative thereof.

   (c) Each member organisation may appoint a deputy to replace its
   appointed representative if the latter is unable to attend any
   particular meeting of the Association.

   (d) Honorary members may be appointed at the discretion of the said
   Executive Committee. Honorary members shall not be entitled to vote.

   (e) The said Executive Committee shall have the right:

   (1) To approve or reject applications for membership, and

   (2) For good and sufficient reason to terminate the membership of any
   individual or organisation provided that the individual member
   concerned or the individual representing such organisation (as the
   case may be) shall have the right to be heard by the said Executive
   Committee before a final decision is made.

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/