Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: Ian Lynch
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 09:25:49 +0000

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 08:53 +0000, Adam Bower wrote:

> Well, if you don't wish to bring action against me and the former
> committee and in the abscence of anyone else looking like they might be
> in a position to want to do so I would suggest that your posts on the
> matter are the ones that have wasted the most time as they have been
> entirely not relevant.

Ironic that there were earlier veiled accusations of ego trips. From
where I'm sitting this nonsense about legal liability is symptomatic of
a posturing ego. I should think that no-one in any official capacity is
likely to want to get involved in something that outside this group, is
entirely trivial - especially when the main issue is not money going
missing but money that is temporarily tied up and that will be
reimbursed to anyone who has a legitimate claim to it. If an individual
wants to sue for reclaiming their membership they are perfectly entitled
to do so but since they can get it back without doing that the expense
seems entirely unwarranted.

> I am well aware of my responsibility, that is why I have offered to help
> with anyone who wants to reboot or wind up the AFFS.

Me and Alex said the same, I think Mark too. If anyone thinks a meeting
will help I have already offered to hold one here or to travel to one at
my own expense.

--
Ian
Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications