Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 12:02:24 +0000

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 11:47 +0000, Adam Bower wrote:
> I think that is a very failed assumption that they are either subscribed
> to this list or read it.
>
> It has already been offered that a meeting could be held to ascertain
> who the current members are by gathering the people who are signatories
> on the account, who the postal mail and statements are addressed to and
> have access to a copy of the old AFFS membership database along with
> the associated paperwork would surely be the most appropriate way to
> proceed?

Indeed it would as any other means is almost certain to result in
members who may still be such not being properly notified and the
meeting thus not being properly called and/or carried out.

As John is clearly seeking to ensure things are done properly I'm sure
that is not his intention.

Out of interest were someone to send in an application for membership
and payment prior to any attempt to determine membership would that
person then be a member or not?