Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 13:38:22 +0000

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 12:32 +0000, John¹ wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 March 2009 12:25:52 Adam Bower wrote:
> > If this is the case then using your interpretation I would expect that
> > anyone sending payment to the AFFS bank account would be a member.
>
> Indeed they are!

So anyone could become a member, or re-instate their previous
membership, by doing so and sending their details to the AFFS email
address.

The constitution states that the Executive have the right to approve or
reject membership applications but does not state that this is a
requirement for a membership to be valid.

This is useful as unless you have 20 current full members you cannot
hold any kind of General Meeting in accordance with the constitution.

Jason