Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS still active?

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS still active?
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:32:34 +0000

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 13:24 +0000, Tom Chance wrote:
> I think it might be good to survey contributors in the UK to find out
> if there are any needs we could address, rather than second guessing
> based upon personal experiences and patchy conversations. Is that
> possible?

I think the point of my mails has been missed; I'm not saying we should
be headed in a specific direction.

There are organisations in this country which are covering part of the
issues which AFFS did address; for example, the FLOSSIE conference was
something AFFS helped start, and as well as Schoolforge UK you now have
things like the Open Schools Alliance (cf. the recent EDM). Does it make
sense to think about addressing that? Not really.

All I'm really doing is agreeing with Andrew that there are specific
groups that we ought to have contacts with (that is, not replicate/tread
on the toes of) and that there are some areas that seem unserved.

I think Andrew's idea of a face to face meeting is the way forward,
personally.