Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS still active?

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS still active?
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:27:54 +0000

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 14:18 +0000, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Alex Hudson wrote:
> > I think the point of my mails has been missed; I'm not saying we should
> > be headed in a specific direction.
>
> OK, so if AFFS doesn't have a specific direction what is it there for?

You're missing my point. I didn't say AFFS doesn't have a direction; I
was simply saying my e-mails shouldn't be interpreted as the direction I
think it's taking/should be taking.

I agree totally that AFFS needs a raison d'etre in quite a real sense.
My previous points were not intended as a contribution to what that
should be, though ;)

Going back to various people's meeting ideas: I don't see why they
should be limited to just one, and I'm not sure the question of "What
should the AFFS be doing?" is necessarily a useful one.

One of the obvious problems in this discussion is that there isn't
really a huge amount of information about the state of free software in
the UK: what are the needs? what aren't? I totally agree that is the
point that should be addressed.