Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS still active?

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS still active?
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:54:11 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Alex Hudson wrote:

> The main issue right now, in my mind, is having a. activists and b.
> identifying the issues people care about (I probably have those in the
> wrong order). It's not like the people who are involved with AFFS were
> too busy for it per se (though that definitely helped), but we've been
> active in different areas - the OSC and Open Schools Alliance stuff has
> taken the interest of a few, and of course people are involved in pet
> free software projects etc. too.

Can someone tell me, briefly, what need AFFS exists to meet now?

Surely if you are considering the possibility of refocusing your efforts
the first step needs to be properly identifying the need you want to meet
- the rest should flow from that.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG                       Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/             up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98