Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS still active?

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS still active?
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:18:25 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Martin Wheeler wrote:

> > Whilst I understand getting to London can be a pain, it is difficult to
> > argue
> > against it being the logical location for any UK-wide meeting.
>
> Only when you're arguing with Londoners!
>
> London is:
>      - dangerous
>      - overcrowded
>      - expensive
>      - difficult & slow to get around in
>      - generally difficult to work in.

It's also the biggest population centre by far. London's population is
over 7 million and the region is over 14 million. Unless the group meeting
is mostly based elsewhere (is there another region with a concentration of
AFFS members interested in this?) it seems the logical place.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG                       Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/             up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98