Re: Explain a bit more on how to configure language server in Eglot's ma

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: Explain a bit more on how to configure language server in Eglot's manual
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 14:08:43 +0100

On Mon,  6 Mar 2023 at 11:46, João Távora wrote:

> I think that's exactly what I'm proposing with the Eglot helper.
>
> (defun eglot-dotted-to-plist (strings)
>   "Return plist suitable for adding to `eglot-workspace-configuration'
> STRINGS is a list of VSCode style dotted notation settings."
>    ...)
>
> A fun exercise, probably.  First stab at it gets a virtual cookie :-)

If you think this is the best approach, then let's make a
Customize-based thing where you can enter the alist of "dotted names"
and the corresponding value.

I bet it's actually _way more_ code than the Magit commit style thingy,
but it's indeed a bit more user friendly.  And when LSP adds the ability
for the server to communicate its configuration schema (funny how this
idea escaped them), we can adapt the UI easily to it.