Re: Faces in bash-ts-mode

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Faces in bash-ts-mode
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 20:10:03 +0700

On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 at 05:23, Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> wrote:

> I not an expert in bash syntax, can I assume that an backslash at the end of
> a line that’s not in a string must be an escaped newline?

I don’t know the full context, but a backslash at the end of a line
could be a backslash-escaped backslash:

    echo \\
    # that was a command to output a single backslash

and the whole heuristic if you’re not doing a full parser would
probably be “a backslash at the end of a line that is preceded by an
even number (incl. 0) of backslashes is an escaped newline”.

    echo \\\
        this is a continuation line