Re: Explain a bit more on how to configure language server in Eglot's ma

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: Explain a bit more on how to configure language server in Eglot's manual
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 12:00:10 +0100

On Mon,  6 Mar 2023 at 10:51, João Távora wrote:

> Conveniently editing Emacs variables (file-local, dir-local, buffer
> -local, global) interactively from the minibuffer (or some other similar
> place) is an idea that has been discussed before here.  We could
> restart that discussion.

But this exists: add-local add-dir-local-variable,
add-file-local-variable, customize-set-variable, set-variable are all
interactive functions that use the minibuffer.  But I don't think this
UI is the most suitable for this purpose.

> If such a mechanism  is eventually agreed on for Emacs in general, Eglot
> could very well take advantage, but don't think eglot.el should just make
> its own idiosyncratic take on that.

AFAICT this mechanism has been agreed upon.  VC log, Magit commit, Org
capture, to name a few, all use the kind of UI I described.

However, I agree that this is a common type of UI that does not to have
a corresponding library to create easily, unless I'm missing something.