Re: Explain a bit more on how to configure language server in Eglot's ma

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Explain a bit more on how to configure language server in Eglot's manual
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 18:32:43 +0000

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 6:18 PM Augusto Stoffel <arstoffel@gmail.com> wrote:

> > add-dir-local-variable with new edit-in-buffer option, an eval option,
> > and a fill-in-existing-value option.  As a bonus, all those are
> > orthogonal, so you can do 100 + 100 + 100.
>
> Fair enough.  I think you might be overestimating the general interest
> in those things and underestimating the amount of glue code Eglot would
> still need, but it's just a hunch.

What glue code?  M-x add-dir-local-variable (or M-x add-project-local-variable
which is a just a very thing shim on top of the other), then select
eglot-workspace-configuration, then edit the value and you're done.

> Anyway, my offer to make the
> eglot-show-workspace-configuration buffer editable remains open.  (If
> you find a better solution you should probably remove e-s-w-c because it
> feels like a hack in the current state.)

Not a hack, really.  eglot-show-workspace-configuration shows the actual
configuration in JSON format.  That's useful and LSP specific, so it
belongs in Eglot. Fredrik Bergroth added it because that is what is
sent to the server and is really good for debug purposes and
communicating with server devs, for example.  So it's not subsumed
by C-h v, for example.

João