Re: Explain a bit more on how to configure language server in Eglot's ma

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Explain a bit more on how to configure language server in Eglot's manual
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 10:51:38 +0000

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 10:35 AM Augusto Stoffel <arstoffel@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat,  4 Mar 2023 at 20:45, Yuan Fu wrote:
>
> > Recently I was trying to use eglot with rust-analyzer and configure
> > rust-analyzer. It turns out more confusing than it should be, and I
> > think we can add a paragraph to eglot’s manual to help others like me.
>
> I gave a suggestion in bug#61868 to make the
> eglot-show-workspace-configuration buffer editable so that you can
> commit changes with C-c C-c, fetch old configuration with M-n/M-p, etc.,
> a bit like VC or Magit commit buffers.

Conveniently editing Emacs variables (file-local, dir-local, buffer
-local, global) interactively from the minibuffer (or some other similar
place) is an idea that has been discussed before here.  We could
restart that discussion.

If such a mechanism  is eventually agreed on for Emacs in general, Eglot
could very well take advantage, but don't think eglot.el should just make
its own idiosyncratic take on that.

João