Re: Explain a bit more on how to configure language server in Eglot's ma

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: Explain a bit more on how to configure language server in Eglot's manual
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 19:18:52 +0100

On Mon,  6 Mar 2023 at 16:25, João Távora wrote:

>> We wouldn't be discussing any of this is LSP servers had configuration
>> files like any other normal program, but, given the state of affairs, we
>> should just decide on an "actually good" solution and spend the 300 LOC
>> it takes to implement that.
>
> I gave my take on where those 300 LOC should be spent:
>
> add-dir-local-variable with new edit-in-buffer option, an eval option,
> and a fill-in-existing-value option.  As a bonus, all those are
> orthogonal, so you can do 100 + 100 + 100.

Fair enough.  I think you might be overestimating the general interest
in those things and underestimating the amount of glue code Eglot would
still need, but it's just a hunch.  Anyway, my offer to make the
eglot-show-workspace-configuration buffer editable remains open.  (If
you find a better solution you should probably remove e-s-w-c because it
feels like a hack in the current state.)