Re: GNUstep on Hackernews

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Hackernews
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:57:52 +0100

Hi,

On 2021-12-17 12:33:35 +0100 Andreas Fink <afink@list.fink.org> wrote:

> The question is also how often new packages should be built and how the
> releases should be streamlined.

Since we are targeting end-users, I would package only released and so rebuild
each time a release is built. However bleeding edge coul be of other use, read
below.

> This is more an organisational question than a technical one.
>
> Best would be if this could be automated in nightly builds or so. But
> this means writing a lot of scripts to catch any errors etc.

But these errors can be logged (like travis CI) and could be useful… more
useful if also snapshots can be packaged.

> Anyone has experience with this?

Partially, I am doing it on Soaris right, but… there is manual work. It depends
also on the packaging system.

Riccardo

--
Sent with GNUMail running on MacOS 10.7