Re: GNUstep on Hackernews

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Hackernews
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:13:20 +0100

Hi,

On 2021-12-17 10:57:34 +0100 H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@goldelico.com> wrote:

That is why I propose the idea to provide a separate, maintained repository outside of debian.org
but compatible to it...

Exactly what I just proposed. What I don't know if how you can with multiple repositories offer an "overlay" of a package already existing in Debian. You already have in Debian e.g. gnustep-base and GWorkspace.app but want to offer "yours".

The advantage, over the runtime, is that they could be packaged not respecting debian choices of FHS, but be packaged in gnustep layout.

Since we don't depend on systemd, I think the same packages would work on Debian, Devuan and Ubuntu. Could prove interesting.

Riccardo

--
Sent with GNUMail running on MacOS 10.7