Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:58:38 +0000

On Wednesday 04 March 2009 17:36:21 Jason Clifford wrote:
> As John has already correctly pointed out this is not necessary as only
> current members (assuming there are two or more extant members) need to
> be informed of anything in this sense.
>
> Unless there is a specific intention to return AFFS to the state of
> being an active organisation (which certainly does not seem to be the
> case) all that is needed is for John and the other remaining members to
> get on with winding up AFFS which John has already stated he wants to
> do. Involving others, who are not members any more, is an unnecessary
> and pointless waste of effort and time.
>
> So long as there at least one other extant member who is interested in
> dealing with this I suggest that we let those former members of the
> Executive who are already seeking to help John sort this out get on with
> it and then let those remaining members tie this up.
>
> Some of us have taken exception to John's posting style but that's not
> really a matter of substance right now so it's a waste of time and
> effort to continue to worry about it. There is nothing to indicate that
> he has any intention but to do the right thing.

Thank you so much for sensible and clear suggestion. As to my posting style
I'm afraid that it arises out of the somewhat turgid style that reports
were expected to be written in in my previous profession.

It is my feeling that what is needed is a new organisation with a clear and
simple set of objectives, and procedures to achieve them.

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/