Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 17:52:09 +0000

John,

John¹ wrote:
I remember quite clearly telling you at the time that all I was interested in was written answers, (in order that those who may have wished to restart the AFFS could see what had happened).

Sadly, your recollection is wrong - you appended your intentions to the private details you forwarded to this list, which is not really cricket. But by the by, you apologised and I accept your apology.

At the time I warned you, and if memory serves me correctly, in no uncertain terms, that
I was indeed as you put it "pretty ungracious"

There is a difference between behaving with poor manners and actively misrepresenting people though; I am simply pointing out that your portrayal of what I thought was a generous offer was beyond ungraciousness and into untruthfulness - I haven't offered you a single thing in lieu of the answers you seek.

Besides, warning people about poor behaviour doesn't automatically make it acceptable. Thankfully the people in position to help you, whether you realise it or not, seem to be the patient sort.