Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 19:06:19 +0000

On Monday 02 March 2009 15:03:30 Adam Bower wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 02:02:34PM +0000, John¹ wrote:
> > Perhaps because;
> > a) You are, and you laid emphasis on the fact, no longer a member,
>
> How did they know this until I pointed it out? This would point out a
> massive contradiction in as much as you did not and do not know who
> the current membership of the AFFS is, indeed nobody does.

Alex Hudson pointed out that there were only a handful, five (?),
subscribers left, I asked for any surviving 'members' to make themselves
known, your name noticeably absent.

> > b) I made it known that I would act in this matter and invited those
> > who were interested to contact me, which you and the rest of the
> > committee could have done years ago,
>
> I am not part of the committee, I think this has been pointed out
> already. You are also avoiding the question I asked, as much as you have
> written here is plainly obvious.

However you were a member of the Committee, I was at the AGM at which you
were elected, being a member carries with liability for its actions, if
you don't believe me, ask a solicitor. I have deal t with so many emails
today what was your question again please?

> > c) do you think that they want replies the like of which you sent to
> > me, informing me that "you can ask these questions until the heat
> > death of the universe"? As I pointed to another of your fellow
> > Committee members, why you did not propose to the Committee the remedy
> > provided in rule 15 of the Constitution of the AFFS? You are one of
> > those who just abandoned the AFFS, why do you think that those who had
> > not had their membership renewed were going to ask you why?
>
> I was just wondering if they would prove to be difficult to deal with
> compared to you. As yet you have only acted in a manner that would
> suggest you wish to carry out a witch hunt and are looking to find
> someone to blame about the failure of the AFFS and not ease the
> handover to the current membership of the AFFS.

As you are no longer a member why would they be dealing with you? As I have
pointed out to Ian Lynch, I am not trying to find who was to blame but who
was responsible, see my above remark on the responsibilities of office. As
to handing over to the current membership of the AFFS, other than myself
not one has made themselves known to me or this list yet.

> As it stands if you carry on like this I will not participate in
> offering any more assistance to you. As it stands you have been
> informed that some of your questions can not and therefore will not be
> answered, unfortunately It seems you are having trouble understanding
> this.

Other than putting back the web site, for which many thanks, I indeed
understood that you would not answer my questions, your stance has so far
been exactly that of the other members of the last Committee, which I saw
elected.

> I would also like to point out that several other people have understood
> what has happened to the AFFS and posted here saying as much. All I am
> asking is you moderate your attitude, if you don't then you will find
> restarting AFFS a much harder task than it already needs be. If you want
> a statement from me saying why I am no longer paid up or on the commitee
> then you will not get one as it involves a few personal issues which at
> the time meant I could not carry on in the capacity that I was.

That you state that you are "no longer paid up or on the commitee", is
information enough. I am aware however that you were both at the time of
your election, at least I'm assuming that you were 'paid up'.

> I am very happy to see something happen to what is left of the AFFS and
> it does need fixing, just the methods for doing so would not be using a
> hammer to crack a nut and trying to work in co-operation with getting
> a list of who the current membership is so that they can work between
> themselves to resolve this.

Those that I have been able to discover, together with some former members
who have offered, and delivered, assistance are! Although it may now be
that the AFFS would perhaps be better wound up.

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/