Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 16:51:42 +0000

On Monday 02 March 2009 16:33:48 you wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 14:02 +0000, John¹ wrote:
> > Perhaps because;
> > a) You are, and you laid emphasis on the fact, no longer a member,
>
> It could well be argued that nobody is in fact a member as AFFS might
> well not actually exist. Certainly a strict reading of the constitution
> can only result in this conclusion.
>
> That you have been sending money to someone does not mean that someone
> has continued to actually exist.
>
> Jason

It could indeed, however the steps I have already taken with others seem at
the moment to indicate otherwise.

It might save everyone a lot of time and in some cases distress, and in my
case save me work in non-productive investigation, if you were to ask a
solicitor the same question, as I am domiciled in Scotland there might be
a difference in response, which is why I have not already done so. At the
same time you could ask your solicitor about the subscriptions that have
been going into the account, if mine have been being paid to something
that as you write, " might well not actually exist", I wonder where that
leaves those, the last Committee, (they being separately and severally,
liable for the actions or neglects of the Association), who neglected to
ask the bank to send them back to the subscriber, particularly as they
don't seem to have used Rule 15 to wind up the Association?

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/