Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 21:29:50 +0000

Jon Grant wrote:
Ian Lynch wrote on 01/03/09 16:21:
[..]
To be honest the biggest turn off for me about the whole AFFS is all the
nit-picking pedantry about procedure and constitutions. It's worse than
working for the government :-)

Wasn't that just one member in particular though? Same thing occured
with free-culture-uk

To be honest, I don't think that was the case at any point. There were always disagreements, but no one person (that I recall, anyway) was particularly responsible for that.

I think there was a sensitivity surrounding many "rules" issues because the constitution was relatively difficult to work with; and many sensible things that we might liked to have done - e.g., hold an election outside an AGM - were not possible. Working within that framework was frustrating at times, and didn't help the lack of consensus (but, equally, I don't think caused it).