Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:30:18 +0000

On Monday 02 March 2009 08:56:48 Ian Lynch wrote:
> Well I'm old enough to realise people are what make things work and if
> they are volunteers all they will do is take their resources elsewhere.
> It ain't what you say its the way that you say it, that's what gets
> results.

At the moment I'm the volunteer, was the Ian Lynch, membership secretary,
2003>, the same Ian Lynch, who has posted the above quoted message?  Then
perhaps you might be able to let me know at what point it was that you
stopped taking membership subscriptions, apart from those that were paid
by Direct Debit or Standing order of course? I would be grateful for any
information you may be able to supply. Especially if you have a list of
those who were members at the time when subscriptions were being taken.

As you seem to be one of those listed as a member of the the last Committee
and membership secretary I will shortly be requesting from you and the
following, Adam Bower,  Alex Hudson, Chris Croughton and  Mark Hymers,
an explanation of why they failed to give notice to members of the
mandatory AGM and why they have not informed the members of their decision
to cease the roles they were elected for.(Or the names and addresses of
those who were elected or co-opted to replace them). If in the opinion of
the majority of the above the AFFS had become, "on the ground of expense
or otherwise... necessary or advisable to dissolve the Association" , why
you did not propose to the Committee the remedy provided in rule 15 of the
Constitution of the AFFS?

In the mean time you might like to inform me which particular aspects of
the rules, you found made your office so difficult. As if I do now proceed
to try to restart it, (the AFFS), I would appreciate it if you could make
some positive suggestions.

Let me finish by pointing out that "Blame culture..." is not,
"high on..." my "list of communication", as 'Blame' differs from
responsibility, responsibility is however quite closely linked in this
case with liability!
--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/