Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 18:51:03 +0000

2009/3/2 Marc Eberhard <address@hidden>

> I'm afraid that this is probably the best and only way forward really. I
> believe that none of those engaged in this discussion so far are lawyers and
> we certainly want to find a solution that is not breaking the law. So it
> might be in our best interest to ask a lawyer about our options available
> and then decide, hoping of course that the set of possible options is not
> equal to the empty set! Any volunteer to do this?

As the debate seems to heat up more and more, I just like to clarify my
suggestion: I'm not talking about expensive legal advice, rather about
taking a friendly lawyer for a beer to the local pub and getting an opinion.
I would want to avoid a solution, which later turns out to be completely
incompatible with UK/English law. Nothing more and nothing less. I'm not a
legal expert and I have no idea if there are precedence cases from other
organisations in similar circumstances. I just want to avoid doing something
legally completely stupid. If all options sound OK to a lawyer that's fine
for me. I don't need a certificate. Just an opinion from a slightly more
knowledgable person in legal matters.

All the best,
Marc

email: address@hidden, address@hidden