Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 19:16:54 +0000

On Monday 02 March 2009 18:38:28 Ian Lynch wrote:
> And free software would be a much better beneficiary of the money than a
> lawyer. So instead of making unnecessary mountains out of molehills why
> not just hold a meeting and resolve the issue? If you want a precedent
> where the law is broken everyday and no-one does anything about it, take
> collective acts of worship in schools. If we come to a general
> reasonable agreement to resolve this why would anyone invoke the law?
> Probably you have the biggest claim to be aggrieved having put the most
> money in so if you agree and everyone else does the matter can be
> resolved without burning all the small amount of cash that is there in
> legal fees with no improvement in outcome.

Until such time as it is established who is still a member how are you
going to hold a meeting? Are you seriously proposing, in writing,
published on a mailing list disposing of money belonging to an association
of which none of those present are members. Whose money do you have in
mind seizing next?

I would propose that you and others await discovery of the position of the
AFFS by one that you and others await discovery of the position of the
AFFS by one who is at least still paid up before you engage in any more
wild proposals.
--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/