Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 17:54:24 +0000

Marc Eberhard wrote:
I'm afraid that this is probably the best and only way forward really. I
believe that none of those engaged in this discussion so far are lawyers and
we certainly want to find a solution that is not breaking the law. So it
might be in our best interest to ask a lawyer about our options available
and then decide, hoping of course that the set of possible options is not
equal to the empty set! Any volunteer to do this?

Unless I misread something, I believe MJ Ray has already started down this route by asking LawWorks if there is an obvious way out: if the answer comes back that further advice is needed, then I don't think there's a problem getting that.

I like Jason's suggestion of a way foward, I prefer MJ's previous one; I don't see a reason why either would be impossible to achieve.