Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: Ian Lynch
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 08:56:48 +0000

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 08:04 +0000, John¹ wrote:
> address@hidden, wrote, and up to a point I agree with his
> sentiment:
>
> > To be honest the biggest turn off for me about the whole AFFS is all
> > the nit-picking pedantry about procedure and constitutions. It's worse
> > than working for the government :-)
> >
> However "nit-picking pedantry about procedure and constitutions", is
> necessary to protect assets and monies held by unincorporated
> associations, and is unfortunately a fact of life in that milieu.

Maybe. I just happen to be in a lot of associations where it doesn't
seem to get in the way like it is doing here. Blame culture seems to be
high on your list of communication. Personally, I don't want any part of
that. Hardly surprising people come across as defensive if attacked.

"I am too old to bother about others bruised egos".

Well I'm old enough to realise people are what make things work and if
they are volunteers all they will do is take their resources elsewhere.
It ain't what you say its the way that you say it, that's what gets
results.

--
Ian
Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications