Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: Ian Lynch
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 16:21:36 +0000

On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 14:14 +0000, John¹ wrote:
> On Sunday 01 March 2009 12:18:29 Ian Lynch wrote:
> > If there is money in the kitty and people feel aggrieved, give them a
> > refund and the rest to some specific open development project eg donate
> > it to Moodle, OOo or something. Then simply act as an advocacy list and
> > give support to other projects where we can.
>
> "If there is money in the kitty", as you put it, it belongs to the existing
> Association, or is held on trust by them. A matter which seems to be
> escaping the attention some non-members, who seem remarkably cavalier in
> their attitude as to how 'they' can dispose of it.

To be honest the biggest turn off for me about the whole AFFS is all the
nit-picking pedantry about procedure and constitutions. It's worse than
working for the government :-)

If and when it gets to the point where there is an association that can
have some practical impact on FOSS I'll consider taking part again. My
time is far more valuable than any small amount of membership money I
might have lost. Good luck with the conspiracy theory ;-)

--
Ian
Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications