Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 18:10:38 +0000

On Monday 02 March 2009 16:33:48 you wrote:
> It could well be argued that nobody is in fact a member as AFFS might
> well not actually exist. Certainly a strict reading of the constitution
> can only result in this conclusion.
>
> That you have been sending money to someone does not mean that someone
> has continued to actually exist.

Once again I would advise consulting a solicitor if you want to find out
the precise position. Again you would have to inform said solicitor that
there was at least on person who had continued to pay to their membership
fees, (which I think you'll find will complicate matters, (and therefore
no doubt inflate the bill). It was either you or UKFSN who has a £1000.00
donation in the AFFS bank account is it not? I think as it seems that by
trying to find out how the AFFS got itself into this mess, and in trying
to clear it up, in view of the work involved I might just as well leave it
to your solicitor to sort out for us, I think you'll find that my
subscriptions to a dormant association may well be refundable. As this
seems to be making me the target for so much work, just in reading and
replying to the posts let alone looking into the need for new rules and
investigating how to verify who was or was not a previous member, that it
would be preferable were to employ a solicitor, (who may of course need
Counsels opinion, which is quite a bit more than a solicitors fees, at
least that was the case in the previous case I was involved in involving
an unincorporated association), As Mark Eberhard writes it may now be in
the best interests of every one to take legal advice.
--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/