Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:46:54 +0100

Hi!

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 10:13:00PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 09:12:37PM +0100, Marc Eberhard wrote:
> > > For those who don't know, it seems the Birmingham Expo has been cancelled
> > > :(
>
> Couple of places. It's been announced on a few lists, Alan Cox has a notice
> on the Linux.org uk site. Seems pretty real :(

:-( Has anyone first hand information directly from Sky Events?

> (ie., an Expo, or a UKUUG meet, etc.) this year now - and we do seem to be
> scattered across the country somewhat (I'm in London, your e-mail indicates
> you're probably Brummie (! kidding ;), etc..) so people will have to make a

... living in the Brummie area for one year now, but I still have problems
to understand the "native Brummie speakers". :-)

> special effort. Shame, also, because Birmingham's good for me :(. If people
> can make a LUG, we could do that, or hold a special GNU geek meet or
> something. What do others think?

Since it seems, that costs are the most critical point for most of us, what
about a few days on a camp ground somewhere at a nice place? Should be cheap
and a nice landscape for free. I don't think, that we would need a lot of IT
infrastructure for such a first meeting, I would even say, we don't need
any. Thus a simple, plain and cheap camp ground could do. Maybe a hotel
should be close to it, for those, who don't like tents? What do you think?

Bye,
Marc

email: address@hidden
email: address@hidden, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/