Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham

From: Alasdair G Kergon
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 23:38:31 +0100

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 08:43:32PM +0100, Alex Hudson wrote:
> For those who don't know, it seems the Birmingham Expo has been cancelled :(
Indeed I've also been sent confirmation of this now:-(

Add to that ApacheCon & RedHatTechWorld...

> leaves the UK FSF-ers in a bit of a bind as regards meetings, and stuff.

> (Apart from staging our own Expo ;)
It's worth discussing.
OK, I mean on a smaller scale.

Last year I floated the idea of a holding a 'GNU Day' in London, but
maybe we can throw something together for one of the Birmingham days
instead?  Firstly it needs a cheap venue; secondly it needs either
sponsorship (perhaps from one of the few companies - if any? - to have
committed to Birmingham) or to find speakers willing to cover their
own expenses so as to keep any per-attendee charge to a bare minimum.

Alasdair