Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham

From: Philip Hands
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham
Date: 30 Jul 2001 14:15:03 +0100

Marc Eberhard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!

> > Couple of places. It's been announced on a few lists, Alan Cox has a notice
> > on the Linux.org uk site. Seems pretty real :(
>
> :-( Has anyone first hand information directly from Sky Events?

Yes.

I was mailed by SOPHIE FRIEDMAN <address@hidden> on
Friday, as were a bunch of other speakers.  The mail hit my SMTP
server from 62.160.100.17, which is mail.sky-events.com, so chances
are that it's not forged.

It says that they're postponing it until April/May IIRC, and cite the
economic climate, along with their commitment to providing a
worthwhile show for the community.

I'd guess that means they didn't get enough people paying for stands,
presumably because too many people decided to only afford one show
this year, and chose the London one (which was also pretty quiet,
presumably in part because of the people that had made the reverse
decision).

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!   http://petition.eurolinux.org/