Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham

From: home
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:13:00 +0100

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 09:12:37PM +0100, Marc Eberhard wrote:
> > For those who don't know, it seems the Birmingham Expo has been cancelled :(
>
> Where did you get that from? The website is still up and happyly promoting
> the event. That would be really a shame. :-(

Couple of places. It's been announced on a few lists, Alan Cox has a notice
on the Linux.org uk site. Seems pretty real :(

> We should try to find another possibility to meet then.

Yep. The Expo would have been good though. It seems they want to reschedule
rather than cancel altogether, but if they've cancelled it this late they
must be willing to lose a lot of money on it (I can't believe they'll be
getting much back), so it must be serious :(

I can't, off the top of my head, think of any major UK Linux conference
(ie., an Expo, or a UKUUG meet, etc.) this year now - and we do seem to be
scattered across the country somewhat (I'm in London, your e-mail indicates
you're probably Brummie (! kidding ;), etc..) so people will have to make a
special effort. Shame, also, because Birmingham's good for me :(. If people
can make a LUG, we could do that, or hold a special GNU geek meet or
something. What do others think?