[Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham

From: E L Tonkin
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:04:02 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Marc Eberhard wrote:

> Since it would look rather funny, if I would be the only one out there, I'm
> trying now to find more people willing to help. There are a couple of
> things, you could help me with:
>
> - Staffing the FSF and FSFE booths: If you could spare some time, please
>   contact me.

We can be there on both days, so that's two more ;-)
Having said that, some info on places to stay in Birmingham would be
useful since it's a long way from here, and I'm aware it's going to be
relatively expensive.

> - Demonstrating free software: If you have any kind of computer running
>   free software and you could bring it to the Expo to show it to visitors,
>   please let me know.

We can each bring a laptop: one of us has a Dell Inspiron and the other an
Advent 5480DVD, both of which run GNU/Linux exclusively. The Advent btw is
a PC World/Dixons homegrown thing. We've also got a bunch of peripherals
working with them under USB and so on, though it's quite a long way to
drag a scanner just to prove that USB works ;-)

I do have some experience with tradeshows in general (from either side of
the booth, once had to organise a demo of some client/server tech or other
in CeBit) but I've only been to the NEC once so I'm not going to be that
much help there :(

Cheers,

em