Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham
Date: 21 Jul 2001 12:05:37 +0200

 || On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 21:33:29 +0100
 || Marc Eberhard <address@hidden> wrote:

 >> From a brief conversation with Georg at LinuxTag last week, it
 >> seemed Birmingham was the right opportunity to hold a UK
 >> 'kick-off' meeting to discuss the role for FSFE in the UK and the
 >> 'next steps'.

 me> Good idea, I'm all for it.

Glad to hear that. I would like all people interested in the
U.K. activities to participate in this discussion.

 me> Yes, I agree. But I think, we will have the opportunity to
 me> discuss a lot of things during the two days at the two booths
 me> anyway.

Yes. We will do a lot of talking.

However: it is important that we find some time to get together
outside the regular Expo events, preferrably at some nice place where
it is not as crowded and noisy, to discuss the details of the
U.K. activities.

 me> What about right after the end of the first expo day (12th)?

From my experience, you hardly ever find any time after the Expo
closes. Also people are really tired then.

 me> I guess most will come in the morning on the first and would want
 me> to leave as soon as possible after the second day is over.

I will probably come the day before the Expo starts and leave the day
after the Expo ends (no guarantees).

My evenings are often preplanned for going out to dinner with some
people I'd like to talk to. I fear the evening of the first day has
already been blocked in Milano...

So the only real chance seems to be sometime during the day, a good
time would be around noon.

Regards,
                Georg

P.S. Should we maybe cross-post the results of this thread to
discussion? I'd like to keep the "big audience" informed, too.

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <address@hidden>
Free Software Foundation Europe                  (http://fsfeurope.org)