[Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Linux Expo Birmingham
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 21:11:39 +0100

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 03:04:02PM +0100, E L Tonkin wrote:
> We can be there on both days, so that's two more ;-)

Great!!!

> Having said that, some info on places to stay in Birmingham would be
> useful since it's a long way from here, and I'm aware it's going to be
> relatively expensive.

Hmmm, let me think. http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/ is a good place to start,
then go to www.birmingham.gov.uk/hotels. Be aware, that the NEC is at the
airport, which is outside the city itself. You could also call the
Birmingham Visitor & Convention Bureaux, which is listed on that page. They
should know more.

> We can each bring a laptop: one of us has a Dell Inspiron and the other an
> Advent 5480DVD, both of which run GNU/Linux exclusively. The Advent btw is
> a PC World/Dixons homegrown thing. We've also got a bunch of peripherals
> working with them under USB and so on, though it's quite a long way to
> drag a scanner just to prove that USB works ;-)

Yes, that sounds good! Seems we will really get a handful of people
demonstrating live GNU/Linux systems. What could be more convincing?

> I do have some experience with tradeshows in general (from either side of
> the booth, once had to organise a demo of some client/server tech or other
> in CeBit) but I've only been to the NEC once so I'm not going to be that
> much help there :(

No problem, that's fine. It's great that you can come both for the two days!

Bye,
Marc

email: address@hidden
email: address@hidden, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/