emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs as a library manager

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs as a library manager
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 20:09:36 +0800

Luis Henriques <henrix@camandro.org> writes:

> But yeah, for the moment I'm playing a bit with Ebib and see how it goes.
> I've even scripted the conversion of data I have into a .bib file!  So, I
> already can see most of my books are already in Ebib.

If you prefer to store everything in .bib format, you may as well look
into org-ref package [1]. It is designed for researchers - people who
have to deal with thousands of bibliographic references on daily basis.
Also, it provides capabilities to integrate the .bib bibliography with
org nicely.

One neat feature of org-ref is ability to add keywords to references and
search the references using those keywords (in addition to usual
author/title/etc metadata). It really helps to find things easily in
huge databases.

Best,
Ihor

[1] https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/