emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs as a library manager

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs as a library manager
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 13:57:02 +0100

On Fri, Feb 05 2021, Luis Henriques wrote:
> Anyway, I appreciate the suggestion.  And I *may* end up using Org tables
> for exporting data even if I start using Ebib for managing my collection
> (it shouldn't be too difficult to pick data from .bib files into tables).

It's probably even easier to get the data from Ebib: when Ebib is running, all
the data is stored in a hash table. For example, writing the `.bib` file from
that data is a single ~35-line function. Writing the data out as Org file would
be just as easy.

Also, the `.bib` format has wide support outside Emacs, so converting `.bib`
data into something else is usually not very difficult.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments