emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs as a library manager

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs as a library manager
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 12:40:21 +0800

Luis Henriques <henrix@camandro.org> writes:
> Anyway, using .bib  seems to be a very good suggestion (the best one I got
> in this thread so far!).  Again, thanks and I'll definitely give Ebib a
> try.

An alternative is keeping all the books as org headings. The metadata
can be stored in properties of the heading. The advantage of this
approach is ability to store the actual book files as attachments to the
headings. You can even mark/schedule books for reading by adding TODO to
the book headline. Searching can be done using org-ql (it can also
search metadata). The books can be easily added to the library using
capture templates and org-capture-ref.

Best,
Ihor