Re: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 19:25:02 +0800

xenodasein--- via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
writes:

> There is a line.  When you act in some ways, it is beyond assumption.
> Maybe you do it by mistake, as a second language thing, then you
> should work on it and fix it, because it is not normal.  I think you
> are getting some leeway because of your contributions, considering
> someone was banned for less.

There is no line that I've crossed here, and I'm not getting any leeway
compared to anyone else.

To the best of my knowledge, only one person has ever been banned from
this list, and it was certainly not "for less".

> I do, when asked for, or when I deem necessary.  Please do read before
> writing back, or ask what you need to to know without the gaslighting.

It's neccessary for your complaints to receive any real attention: how
is anyone supposed to take your word for "there is a problem", if nobody
even knows where exactly the problem is?

> For example here, again see you are belittling other people 's
> experiences by saying "have very little real problems," without
> anything to measure the degree of a problem.  According to what?

No, I want to fix the problem (if one indeed exists), and I also want to
form a good opinion on whether or not a "setup wizard" should use
custom, so I naturally want to know exactly what the problem you cite
against using custom is.

> We are not trying to land on the moon.  You do this to any non-regular
> mailer here, and it is very discouraging and harmful for new members.

That is simply untrue.