Re: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 12:07:37 +0100 (CET)

Jan 3, 2022, 13:53 by luangruo@yahoo.com:

> xenodasein--- via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> writes:
>
>> I can't know someone's intentions only what is written here, so please
>> you too try to choose not only better words, but a purpose to argument.
>>

> I try to the best of my ability to use optimal wording, but I'm hardly a
> native speaker (nor are most of us on emacs-devel.)
>
> So when you think a person is being hostile, it is better to give him
> the benefit of the doubt.  I assure you that I will _never_ be
> deliberately hostile to someone on this list.

There is a line.  When you act in some ways, it is beyond assumption.
Maybe you do it by mistake, as a second language thing, then you should
work on it and fix it, because it is not normal.  I think you are getting some
leeway because of your contributions, considering someone was banned
for less.

> And please do be specific.

I do, when asked for, or when I deem necessary.  Please do read before
writing back, or ask what you need to to know without the gaslighting.

Jan 3, 2022, 13:10 by luangruo@yahoo.com:

> xenodasein--- via "Emacs development discussions." <> emacs-devel@gnu.org> >
> writes:
> First of all, no, I was not trying to gaslight you.
> Secondly, `setq' will have the exact same problems with autoloads that
> custom-set-variables will have, and both have very little real problems
> with autoloads.

For example here, again see you are belittling other people 's experiences
by saying "have very little real problems," without anything to measure the
degree of a problem.  According to what?  We are not trying to land on the
moon.  You do this to any non-regular mailer here, and it is very discouraging
and harmful for new members.