Re: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 20:55:08 +0800

xenodasein--- via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
writes:

> It means that I do have an explanation for the problem, and stop acting
> as if I am lying or something.

I'm not acting as if you're lying.  I was stating that your very vague
explanations don't help, at all.

> If you are unable to find it and interested in more details, what you
> should have done is to ask me for the full article instead of
> continuing the harassment campaign.

Please choose your words carefully.  Contrary to your statement, there
is no "harassment campaign" against you or anyone else here.

> Here's an example of a normal answer you should have given: "I am
> working on Customize, and would appreciate your time if you can
> provide the whole article, not just a pointer to internet, and maybe
> additional comments instead."

And that, except split across a few more messages, is precisely what I
have been trying to say to you today (specifically, about autoloads and
custom.)  Your response however is typically a complaint that I'm
calling you delusional, or harassing you, or calling you a liar, or what
not, which is again blatantly false.

Anyway, unless you're willing to provide some actual information about
the problem, I will see myself out.  I still oppose the addition of a
setup wizard that does not generate a custom-set-variables block to
place in the custom file.

Thanks.

> Now you are expanding the issue, and asking for how autoload problem
> directly affects the new wizard package, whereas my original mail was
> only about defaults of custom-file, and your answer was about setq.
> With deflections like these, it is easy to doubt someone's intentions,
> so don't blame me.

I suggest you take a look at the title of your reply, if that is what
your argument is based on.

Further more, it was you who turned the discussion towards setq, and the
discussion about custom-file is an entirely separate discussion (which
was also suitably renamed) that involved Philip, Pedro and you, not me.

I was not paying attention to the "default custom file" discussion.